Prior to Enlistment, Soldier had completed 15 Months with Victorian Mounted Rifles and 18th Australian Light Horse Regiment
15/02/1916- Completed Medical Examination Narrogin WA
23/02/1916- To Area No. 2 as Private Blackboy Hill WA
15/03/1916- To 6th Tunnelling Company as Sapper
7/05/1916- To No. 5 Tunnelling Company Belmont WA
17/07/1916- To Training Camp England ex Australia
18/08/1916- Proceeded Overseas 2nd Australian Division Base Depot France ex Perham Downs England
26/10/1916- Attached to 1st Canadian Tunnelling Company ex Australian Tunnelling Company Details
1/12/1916- Admitted 2nd Australian General Hospital Wimereux France ( Influenza ) ex 1st London Field Ambulance ex 3rd Casualty Clearing Station
26/12/1916- Transferred to Convalescent Depot Boulogne France
29/12/1916- To Australian General Base Depot Etaples France
7/01/1917- Transferred 3rd Aust. Tunnelling Company in the field France ex Base Depot
1/04/1917- Wounded in Action at LOOS, France ( Gunshot Wounds to Face, Arms and Legs )
3/04/1917- Admitted Hospital France ex 1st Casualty Clearing Station ex 18th Field Ambulance
9/04/1917- Evacuated/Admitted Cambridge Hospital Aldershot England ex Calais France
23/05/1917- Granted Leave England
7/06/1917- Transferred to No. 2 Command Depot Weymouth England for Return to Australia
29/06/1917- Declared Permanently Medically Unfit for Active Service at Medical Office Portland England
27/07/1917- Embarked England for Australia per ” Demosthenes ”
18/09/1917- Disembarked Fremantle WA and admitted to No. 8 Australian General Hospital Fremantle
31/10/1917- Discharged from N0.8 Australian General Hospital Fremantle WA
15/11/1917- Discharged from Service ( Permanently Medically Unfit )


British War Medal – No. 11252

Victory  Medal – No. 11121



From Bunbury Herald and Blackwood Express dated Friday 23 November 1923 – ”  The death of Felix Leonard SIMONS occurred suddenly on  17 November 1923  as an indirect result of injuries received on Active Service “.

This quote appears to be an under statement- The Soldier was the victim of Multiple bullet wounds and spent 2 separate periods of 7 weeks in Hospitalization, undergoing surgery and treatment for War Service Injuries, before being Discharged as Permanently Medically Unfit for Active Service. 

His death at 42 years of age, after enlisting with a clean bill of health at 35 years of age, appears strongly connected to the impact of his War Service.